Companies big and small are taking a closer look at their budget for “expendable” costs and marketing is often the first department to suffer drastic cuts. However, Pay Per Click (PPC) marketing should not be on the chopping block!
Top Advantages of Rolling with PPC for your marketing plans:
1. Flexible budget – the budgets for your PPC campaigns can be changed on the fly. Let’s say you have a hot product releasing in one month and you want some extra exposure out of the gate. You can easily adjust your PPC budget and create campaigns that can ensure that your product gets the opening push it needs. On the other hand, if your revenue is low for the month and you wish to scale back your marketing spend, you can do so instantly and on a granular scale.
2. Data driven & Measurable – unlike traditional marketing campaigns such as TV, radio & magazine advertising, PPC is entirely measurable down to the last penny. You’ll know exactly where your money is going, how the user behaved after they clicked your ad and what type of revenue you’re driving with your campaigns. Because of the level of data involved, you can constantly optimize your campaign to make it perform better.
3. Instant build out & low cost of entry – a 60 second TV spot may cost you $30,000. Heck, even a Pennysaver mailer will cost at least $6,000, and you have no idea how many of your inserts went straight to the trash can or (I hope) recycling bin. A basic AdWords campaign can be constructed within a week and you can be up and running within two with just a $100 budget.
4. Hyper targeted ad campaigns – most traditional ad campaigns are sort of like using a bazooka to take down a fly: you just choose from a small array of broad demographics, close your eyes, and hope for the best. However, with pay per click marketing, you can use an endless array of targeting options as well as specific keyword choices to make sure you’re talking to the right type of customer.
5. Emerging technology – the world of SEM moves rapidly, and it ensures that you have access to some of the newest advertising technology available, including behavioral targeting, remarketing & mobile/tablet advertising.
6. Overall reach – Google’s reach is worldwide and encompasses some 250 million users in the US alone. Their dominant market share worldwide ensures that you’ll have a huge collection of eyeballs looking at your ads. This is great for branding and also makes it relatively easy to enter international markets.
7. ROI focused – With conversion tracking and extensive Analytics, PPC campaigns have a singular focus of actually driving in traffic that converts. You can use the data that you gather to make sure that your account is continually getting better (minus seasonality).
8. Integration of Services – not only will you have access to Google’s vast Display Network (which reaches some 98% of the web), but you can also utilize Facebook and LinkedIn in order to get visibility on two of the most popular social networks around.
9. Support – AdWords drives 98% of Google’s revenue, so you can be sure they’ll support their platform!